We were suppose to have guests in for coffee at 10.30, so it was just suppose to be coffee and curry puffs, guests over slept and just arrived at 12.20, so we rushed and made friend rice with whatever we had in the fridge. We even had to cook the rice fresh, so it was something that had to be done fast. We here meaning Eda and I of course. Sri was with the parents doing other stuff. We have just about nothing much in my fridge as usual, so we had to make do with what was available.
I mix in the vegetables in the hot rice simply because I do not want the vegetables to be overcooked while frying the rice. This way its still crunchy and better for health.
So here is the recipe:
Rice 2 cups to be boiled as usual with Maggi Seasoning and ½ tsp Maggi Chicken Powder
Medium Prawns 100 gm or more – to be peeled and deveined
Chinese Cabbage ¼ – to be sliced thinly
Four Angled Beans 6 or 7 – to be sliced thinly
Yellow Onion 1 – to be sliced
Fu Chook 4 pieces to be sliced thinly
Minced Garlic 1 tbsp
Salt and Pepper to taste
A little soy sauce if needed
- Once rice is done remove and pour it into a bowl and mix in all the
- Heat a pan, and fry eggs.
- Mix fried eggs into rice as shown in photo
4. Once prawns are cooked add in Fu Chook. Stir through till it is slightly cooked. There should be no more water.
5. Add in rice, stir on high heat, season if necessary. Serve hot