I had this craving for Chappati the other day and was worried because of all the flour I would consume seeing that I like to eat my Chappati on its own. So cleverness here devised a way to make the rather carby and heavy Chappati into something with a little bit more fiber so hence Oaty Chappati Recipe.
Here are the ingredients:
Atta Flour 2 cups
Plain Flour ½ cup
Rolled Oats ½ cup
Vegetable Ghee 1 tbsp
Water enough to make a nice dough
Salt about 1 tsp
- Place all the ingredients together with exception of the water.
- Stir it and the lowly pour in the water little by little.
- Mix the dough till it comes away from the sides of the bowl and does not stick to your hand.
- Leave aside or place it
in the fridge for a few hours.
- Portion it into small balls and then roll it out
- Heat a non stick pan and place the chappati in it.
- Turn the chappati and use a kitchen tissue to press it as shown, This will make it more puffy.
- Turn it again and d the same thing. Do not cook it till it is dark or browned.
- Serve warm